Truck accidents are common in California and Arizona, often resulting in catastrophic and fatal injuries. Whether a truck accident is caused by the negligence of a truck driver, trucking company, or third party, injury victims are entitled to just compensation. If you or a loved one has been injured, the experienced truck accident attorneys at BoyesLegal APC can help.
Going up against a trucking company and its attorneys is challenging, but we know how to level the playing field. We have comprehensive knowledge of the applicable truck safety and negligence laws and will work strategically to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Let us guide you through every step of the process. Because we understand your physical, emotional, and financial burdens, we will charge no attorneys’ fees until we recover for you. Contact us today to speak with an experienced San Jose truck accident lawyer.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in California and Arizona
Truck accidents are usually caused by someone’s negligence. Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue – Truck drivers must meet strict delivery deadlines, cover vast distances, and often travel overnight, which makes them more susceptible to fatigue than other drivers
- Distracted driving – Truckers can be distracted by using GPS to plot their routes and smartphones to communicate with dispatchers
- Driving under the influence – Some truck drivers use illegal substances to stay alert on long hauls, leading to impaired driving
- Improper loading – Cargo that is overweight or improperly loaded can make a commercial truck extremely difficult to maneuver
- Improper maintenance – Despite federal laws requiring commercial trucks to undergo routine maintenance and inspections, truck owners may neglect to maintain vehicles
- Inexperienced drivers – Because experienced truck drivers earn more than new truckers, trucking companies often put inexperienced drivers on the road before they are ready in order to cut costs
- Reckless driving – Any driver who has shared the road with a commercial truck or tractor-trailer knows that truckers often travel at excessive speeds and make improper lane changes
- Poor weather and road conditions – Heavy rains, wind, and other hazards can make driving a truck hazardous
In addition, truck accidents are often attributed to safety violations, particularly when drivers fail to follow federally mandated driving limits or trucking companies violate federal safety standards. At times, truck accidents can also be caused by negligent third parties, such as other motorists, or public agencies that fail to maintain roads and highways. Regardless of the cause, our experienced truck accident attorneys in San Jose will work to hold the responsible party accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Injuries You Can Suffer in a Truck Accident
Given the size and weight of a typical commercial truck, accident victims can suffer all types of serious injuries, such as:
- Head injuries – Truck accidents frequently result in concussions but are also likely to result in skull fractures.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – The devastating impact of a collision with a truck can result in a TBI that requires immediate emergency care. Surgery may be necessary to minimize brain damage caused by inflammation, bleeding, or oxygen deprivation.
- Spinal cord injuries – Injuries to the spine can result in partial or total paralysis, such as paraplegia (impairment of the lower limbs) or quadriplegia (diminished capacity in all four limbs).
- Back injuries – Back injuries may involve damage to the bones and soft tissue, resulting in chronic pain and impairment.
- Neck injuries – A sudden impact with a truck can cause whiplash, but the brute force of a truck collision can also result in a broken neck or injuries to the muscles, joints, and ligaments in the neck.
- Broken bones – Truck accidents can cause broken bones, including fractures to the ribs, arms, legs, face, or any part of the body.
- Burns – Burn injuries may occur when a truck is carrying hazardous materials or a fuel tank explodes. Burns can result in scarring, permanent disfigurement, infections, and other complications.
- Wrongful death – Truck accidents are more likely to result in fatal injuries than other motor vehicle accidents.
Our capable San Jose truck accident lawyers will fight for the compensation that considers all your medical and financial needs, now and in the future.
How BoyesLegal Can Help With Your Truck Accident Claim
Truck accident claims can be complicated for a variety of reasons. For instance, insurance companies typically send investigators to the site to limit the trucking company’s liability. Also, your claim may involve multiple parties – the trucking company, the truck driver, and other motorists.
It takes an experienced truck accident attorney to identify all the responsible parties and hold them accountable. That’s where BoyesLegal comes in. Our legal team will:
- Investigate the accident site
- Obtain and review police reports
- Interview any witnesses
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurers and opposing counsel
- File a truck accident lawsuit if necessary
Above all, we will fight to win damages such as:
- Medical expenses and rehabilitative costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of future income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you have lost a loved one in a fatal truck accident, we can help you pursue a wrongful death lawsuit to obtain compensation for the loss of comfort and support your loved one would have provided, and other damages. No amount of money can replace a life, but you deserve justice and compensation to secure your financial future.
Representing Truck Accident Victims in California and Arizona
Being injured or losing a loved one in a truck accident can turn your life upside down. Don’t go through it alone. Turn to BoyesLegal instead. We will provide you with compassionate representation and fight tirelessly for every dollar you deserve. Contact us now for a free consultation.